Chefs, Bakers, & Product Makers
e.terra Kitchen is Here for You!
We welcome culinary entrepreneurs with any size of business to our 2 commercial kitchen locations. Both are in East Harlem, with 8,500 sq feet of culinary spaces. Our first location is 2191 Third Avenue (120th St) and our second location is 1580 Park Avenue (114th St). Both are easy to get to via public transportation, and with easy access to the FDR.
Commercial kitchens like ours are shared production kitchen spaces that are tremendously flexible to varying production needs by day and time. Our kitchens are open 24/7. We welcome all adults 18 or older to be a member and or a guest at e.terra Kitchen, whether short term or long term.
We can guide you through the steps NYC requires in order to operate as a food/beverage/culinary product business. Small start-ups at e.terra Kitchen include catering companies, personal chefs, bakers (breads, desserts; vegan), product producers (sauces, juices, gum supplements, packaged snacks, cookies, brownies) and ghost restaurants.
We often act as a second location for local establishments. As space is tight in NYC, e.terra Kitchen enables restaurants to expand, when necessary, whether for catering during the busy months, or to increase prep space year-round to maximize efficient productivity.
When restaurants get special projects, such as when World Central Kitchen calls with an emergency need to feed our neighbors, e.terra Kitchen is ideal for mass production of meals in a short period of time. We have 4 iCombi Pro high tech units from Rational USA, supporting super-fast and efficient cooking and baking.
Some restaurants will use e.terra as a temporary kitchen, when their own is undergoing renovation or inoperable due to unforeseen conditions.
National hospitality groups opening a restaurant location in NYC will large scale train their employees at e.terra prior to the restaurant kitchen being available. This allows them to seamlessly train their entire kitchen staff on menu execution prior to launch (until their own kitchen is available).
Chefs/bakers/product makers also rent e.terra Kitchen to recipe test as this does not disrupt their current operations, and allows for testing large batches.
Guests & Members
One does not have to join e.terra as a member to rent production kitchen space. We welcome all to tour our two locations and see if e.terra is a good fit for your culinary needs. e.terra members do have the following exclusive benefits:
- 24/7 access to the kitchen
- Using our location address for your business (for mail delivery and food/beverage pickup – for Uber Eats, Seamless, GrubHub, Doordash, etc.)
- Free access to year-round business seminars
- Free access to year-round public culinary events that we host
- Be considered for a micro-grant to support your business, through our alliance with the Latino Restaurant Association
- Promotional support across all our social media platforms to spread the word about your brand (FB, IG, LinkedIn, YouTube, X, Threads, Google updates.)
- Collaboration with corporate gifting via our sister company, Makers Pantry
- Opportunities to participate in paid exclusive catering and events.
To see our full list of equipment, please click here. We are always updating and adding more equipment; so if you don’t see an item you need, please inquire.